We believe that investment return is a function of risk and reward. Because the risk tolerance of our clients is not uniform, our portfolios are customizedto meet each client’s individual needs.
An Investment Policy Statement (IPS) may be provided that outlines the goals and objectives of a client and clarifies the purpose of the portfolio and describes the strategies that the adviser will employ to meet these objectives. Specific information of matters such as asset allocation, risk tolerance, liquidity requirements may also be included in the IPS.
We conduct securities analysis using a variety of software programs to help us evaluate potential investments, including those available from independent third parties. We manage these software programs so that securities can be analyzed in various ways. Our primary methods of analysis include both fundamental and technical analysis. We will obtain our research through both third parties and directly from company management visits, suppliers, partners, industry trade shows and SEC filings. This analysis is used to evaluate investments and establish the benefits of including them in an investment portfolio.
Our securities advice is not limited to any particular class or type of security. We provide advice on a range of products including no-load or low fee mutual funds, equity securities, fixed income securities, ETFs, investment company securities and U.S. government and municipal securities. Our investment strategies on behalf of an account depend upon each client’s particular investment profile and risk tolerance, and may include a mix of long term purchases, short term purchases, and rarely (only at the specific request of clients), margin transactions.
- We assess each client’s overall financial status and identify each client’s long-and short-term investment goals, risk tolerance, and suitability for certain investments.
- A long term financial projection may be created for clients which may include multigenerational financial planning goals and charitable legacy goals and family control transition and financial goals. The projection incorporates income, expenses, and asset growth under various economic conditions and market environments as well as the needs of the individuals, their families and any related economic groupings.
- Various investment returns based on historical data are incorporated into the analysis to determine the probability of success or failure for the client’s financial situation. A portfolio recommendation is then based on the asset allocation that delivers the highest probability of a successful outcome given the client’s risk tolerance.
- From this information we construct an asset allocation plan suitable for each client’s needs. Clients may place reasonable restrictions on investing in certain securities or types of securities.
- We meet at least quarterly with each client to discuss portfolio performance details.